Pickleball Central is Hiring!
Updated July 1, 2020
Pickleball Central has job openings at our headquarter in Kent, Washington.
Customer Service Representatives Full time positions. Join the best customer service team in pickleball. Assist customers via phone and email in selecting the best pickleball gear for them. Some weekend work is required. Good verbal and written skills a must.
Warehouse Picker and General Laborer - Full time position. Work as a picker/packer with our warehouse team providing the best fulfillment experience in the pickleball industry. This position requires weekend hours.
If you are interested in applying for any of these jobs email us at email@example.com. Please be aware that we get hundreds of resumes for a position. If you are serious, and we hope you are, send us your resume and sell us on why you would rock the position and be a great team addition. The street address for Pickleball Central is 22330 68th Ave. S., Kent, WA 98032
Customer Service Representative
We are seeking two customer service representatives to work from their homes. Some training will take place in-person at our Kent headquarters located at 22330 68th Ave S., Kent, WA 98032. During the pandemic our customer service team is working from home, and when it is safe we will bring the customer service team back into the building.
Pickleball is the fastest growing sport in America, even during the pandemic! Here at PickleballCentral.com, we strive to give the best customer service in the industry and are looking for enthusiastic and compassionate customer service representatives to join our Customer Care Team. Reps will assist customers with placing orders via phone and email, answer customer questions, and help solve customer problems.
At PickleballCentral we strive to follow the Golden Rule and treat our customers and employees the way we would like to be treated. We are passionate about the sport of pickleball and we are proud to be the biggest pickleball store in the world. We love our employees and are seeking two additional people to work in the role of Customer Service Representative.
During the pandemic, this is a remote, "work from home," job. We will provide you with the equipment you will need to work from home:
You must have an adequate workspace that is quiet, away from dogs or small children that may cause background noise.
- Phone system
- Table/chair and other tools if needed
To learn more about our company, please check out our website at: https://www.pickleballcentral.com/
Job Days and Hours:
Two job openings, both are full time 35-40 hours a week.
- Position One: 7 am - 3:30 pm Mon-Fri (alternating Saturday shift of 8 am - 1 pm with weekday off during Saturday shift week)
- Position Two: 9 am - 5:00 pm Mon-Fri (alternating Saturday shift of 8 am - 1 pm with weekday off during Saturday shift week)
Requirements for the Customer Service Representative position:
- Organized - able to multi-task and move quickly from one thing to the next
- Answering emails - good writing skills
- Computer savvy - able to learn store software to place and edit customer orders
- Willingness to assist other departments with tasks/projects not directly related to Customer Service
Qualifications and Skills:
- Great phone rapport with a clear speaking voice - "people person"
- Organized and detail oriented
- Quick learner
- Sales experience a plus
- Able to multi-task
- Able to troubleshoot issues/conflicts
- Able to work in a team or individually
- Optimistic and happy
- Goal oriented
- Familiarity with Volusion or other e-commerce sales platform is a plus!
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook and Google Docs is a plus
- Good grammar and writing skills
- Knowledge and passion for pickleball is a plus!
- Paid vacation and sick days
- Health, dental insurance benefit
- At Cost price for all pickleball products, shoes, and apparel
- Fun supportive workplace with happy pickleball people
- Job Type: Full Time
PickleballCentral provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PickleballCentral complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Send your resume and an email response to this question:
I would like to return the Rally Flare paddle that I purchased on 2/1/20, Order #123456. Unfortunately, the paddle does not work for my game. Please let me what I need to do to return the paddle to you. Thanks for helping me with this matter.
Warehouse Picker and General Laborer
We are running our warehouse during the pandemic following Governor Inslee's Safe Start Washington Plan. We split our crew into two teams to allow social distancing. Each team works 3 and a half days a week. This keeps the number of people in the warehouse to a minimum. Face masks are required. Hourly hand washing alarm. Temperature taken upon entrance. After the pandemic we will review the warehouse work schedule. Because the warehouse teams cannot work a full 40 hours in the warehouse, we are not docking pay, but paying all full-time warehouse employees for 40 hours of work each week. The actual hours worked is 35, you are paid for 40 hours. After the pandemic, we will return to paying wrehouse team member for the actual hours worked and no "Covid Pay."
- Walk or stand for 10 hours a day. Warehouse workers walk around the warehouse picking or moving products or stand at a packing station for most of their shift
- Read English on packing slips and on production and shipping documents
- Fill orders from warehouse stock, shelves or bins by picking products
- Group orders for greater efficiency
- Carry or transport orders to shipping platform
- Organizing products in warehouse shelves or bins
- Seek products in overstock. This often involves climbing a ladder to obtain boxes on upper shelves.
- Check inventory levels
- Re-stock low inventory
- Communicate inventory issues with Inventory Manager
- Climb ladders to reach overstock, organize inventory, obtain fixtures or other tasks to help the company
- Pick products from shelving units for shipping
- Knowledge of dimensional (DIM) weight pricing to minimize shipping charges
- Knowledge of appropriate boxes, bags and other shipping options to choose the optimal shipping container
- Knowledge of appropriate packing materials to adequately protect products from breakage or damage
- Carefully review orders to confirm correct products and quantities were picked
- Closing and sealing shipping containers
- Applying labels or entering data on shipping containers
- Thorough knowledge of freight rates and best shipping practices
- Occasional assistance unloading containers of pickleball nets with weights up to 25 pounds
- Shrink wrapping pallets
- Using manual pallet jack to move pallets
- Moving boxes around the warehouse using carts, pallet jack, forklift and mobile shelving units
- May occasionally use riding forklift
- May use bar code readers, computer terminals or other electronic devices
- Work with customer service team to assist with custom orders
- Work to meet shipping deadlines can create stress
- Ability to lift 50 pounds repeatedly
- Teamwork is key, reliability is required
Tools, Equipment or Vehicles used in performing job duties:
- Pallet Jack
- Forklift possible in future
- Stapler, repeated action stapling bag tops
- Heavy duty tape dispenser 2 repeated action sealing packages for shipping
- Shrink Wrap Film roller to wrap pallets
- Drive company van for package deliveries
Special conditions inside the warehouse:
- The warehouse is not insulated and has limited heating and cooling units. Temperatures can vary from 45 85 degrees
- Some corners of the warehouse have insects. An extermination service routinely services the warehouse, however there are some spider webs and occasionally other insects
Almost all the time
Just a few minutes to assist with delivery and pickup of packages and freight.
Total of 35 working hours. During the pandemic we will pay this position for 40 hours of work each week. We are paying five hours of "Covid Time."
- Wednesday: 12 noon - 5 pm
- Thursday: 7 am - 5 pm
- Friday: 7 am - 5 pm
- Saturday: 7 am - 5 pm
- Hourly wages $16.00/hour
- Health benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life.
- We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to quality through diversity.
- Possible access to indoor pickleball court.
- Pickleball products and apparel at cost.
PickleballCentral strives to treat our customers like we would like to be treated. Likewise, we strive to treat our employees like we would like to be treated. We believe that the foundation of a happy and productive workplace is trust. We want managers to build trusting relationships with the employees who report to them. We trust and expect the best from our employees.
PickleballCentral provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PickleballCentral complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
To Apply: email resume to Anna@PickleballCentral.com