Rally Tyro 2 Pro Pickleball Paddle
The Tyro 2 Pro will give you a sturdy swing and fantastic control. Thanks to its shock-dampening polymer core, you'll be able to defend against the most stubborn slammers as well as return a few zingers of your own. This paddle weighs in as a "middleweight", perfect for all player types. Compared to the regular non-Pro edition of the standard Tyro 2, this paddle has a good amount of "pop" and power in it for serves, volleys, and baseline shots, while delivering a wonderful soft touch for dinks.
One of the things we like the most about this paddle is the size of its sweet spot. The shape and design of this paddle was optimized to create a very consistent and large sweet spot, replicating the performance of paddles almost twice its price. Because we are able to cut out the middleman on this paddle, we think it is an incredible value!
The Tyro 2 Pro has a medium circumference grip at 4.25", with a 5" long handle. The weight range is 7.5 - 7.9 oz and the face has a slightly larger standard 7-3/4" width, with elongated neck for great reach. The sport grip used has a nice amount of tack that will allow you to keep control of your paddle and maneuver it with ease, and works well for those with even the most "sweaty" of hands.
The poly-carbonate composite face layers over a fiberglass reinforced .5" thick honeycomb polymer core to create a gentle but hardy feel.
The Tyro 2 Pro will serve you well whether you're a committed and serious player looking for a great value in a game improvement paddle, or a serious beginner who wants a paddle they won't outgrow anytime soon. Choose from Fire (orange/yellow) or Ocean (blue/green).
Read some of the reviews given by members of our Pro Shop Staff:
"This paddle really surprised me at how great it plays - this plays like some of the $80 and $90 paddles I've used. I was immediately able to confidently hit serves, and deep powerful returns, but what I loved the most is how much control I got when I approached the kitchen to volley and dink. The grip was really comfy for me, and after a lot of hours in testing, the face looked fresh and new. I really like this paddle." Peter H - Staff Pro
"A lot of the Polymer/Fiberglass combination paddles are very expensive, but they play great. I was surprised how well this paddle plays in that it combines good power, a nice sweet spot, and surprisingly good touch. I had confidence in almost all my shots immediately. The shape and size is a great compromise between traditional shaped paddles, and the slightly elongated models popular today. One of the best values I've seen in a higher performance poly core paddle." Pete S - Pro Shop Manager
Check out the product configuration details below:
Pickleball Club Review of the Tyro 2 Pro Paddle
- The Yarmouth-Dennis Pickleball Group conducted a detailed test demo effort and group review of the Tyro 2 Pro Pickleball Paddle. The testing effort was coordinated by Sandy Fruean, and Sandy had ten different players of various experience levels play with the paddle for a minimum of one hour each. Here is the summary of their real-world testing:
- "To begin with, all ten reviewers felt that this polymer core paddle had a great price point. Players found it to be a light-medium weight paddle offering power with half the effort, yet providing control due to large sweet spot. Even shots normally missed at one’s feet were more easily picked up with the oversized head of the Tyro2.
- One player commented that he was amazed at the power of this paddle with less effort. Many players felt this paddle provided a comfortable grip and feel for a medium-sized hand. Our “newbies” felt that this was a great starter paddle because the larger sweet spot allowed for more consistent shots building confidence and success in the game.
- Even our seasoned players, who normally use a lighter paddle, felt that they could achieve much more power and control with less force and effort. In addition, the oversized head of the Tyro 2 Pro had a better range for successful smashes and the larger sweet spot performed beautifully for spinning the ball. We also tried the Tyro Pro 2 inside and found that the speed and accuracy of the shots, as well as the ability to execute touch shots, smashes, and volleys, were improved with this racquet.
- The end result of the testing was that players who used it came to a collective belief that the paddle performed in a manner far superior to what might have been expected from its affordable price. The proof of that opinion is provided by the fact that three Tyro 2 Pros were purchased immediately after reviewing this racquet."