Helo Pickleball Paddle by Paddletek
The Hēlo Composite Pickleball Paddle is Paddletek's admirable addition to the "lean and long" category of paddles. The Hēlo extends farther than most options at 17" which allows for a high level of reach and adaptability. The shorter handle makes it simple to use a Ping Pong style grip by placing your index finger against the paddle's face for more control. The ProPolyCore dampens impact while letting you dictate the pace of rallies.
The Hēlo Composite Paddle weighs 7.6 - 7.9 oz and has a large grip. This is quite rare, especially for lengthier paddles. If you enjoy extra cushioning or just have broader hands, then you'll love the feel of the Hēlo. The paddle has a dotted pattern along its sides with an off-white background and Paddletek's logo in the middle. The edge guard sits tight to the side of the face in order to help prevent mis-hits.
The Hēlo Composite Paddle lets you reach the longest shots so you can achieve the quickest victories.
Club Review of the Paddletek Helo ProPolyCore Paddle
- Pickleball Central worked with the crew over at the Vaca Valley Pickleball Club. They put the paddle through it's paces with a variety of 3.0 - 4.0 rated players with some serious hours on the court. Here's the results of their demo testing:
- "The HELO paddle provides a great amount of power at no real cost to the user. It dips the ball lower than other paddles I have used while imparting a good amount of spin. You can place the ball anywhere on the court from the back or with your serve. The smashes are phenomenal and difficult to return whether you decide to put pace or spin. There is a good amount of pop in the volleys and it’s capable of taking pace off with ease. The same goes for dinks; it’s easy to create sharp angles at the net. Overall, I think this paddle is a great fit for players seeking a power paddle with long reach and a huge sweet spot.
- Thanks to Pickleball Central for giving us the opportunity to test and review this uniquely designed paddle. Several people in our group played with it for a number of games. Here are a few of their comments:
- Klaus - (4.0 Player):'I liked the feel of power and thought that a player with smaller hands would do better with this paddle.'
- Cami - (3.0 Player, recent convert from Tennis Pictured Below):'I preferred the extra length of the HELO which provided a larger sweet spot. The solid impact was another plus for me. Would definitely buy this paddle.'
- Paul - (3.5 Player):'I liked the power imparted on the ball by this paddle, but would have preferred a slightly heavier model.' (Maybe add some lead tape to bring weight up?)
- Marilee (3.5 Player):'I liked the way it performed when serving, giving good control and extra power. The extended length also made this paddle a favorite of a short player with a limited reach. This could possibly be my next paddle purchase.' "